April 19, 2024, 10:15:51 PM

Author Topic: Cox or Dish Network  (Read 947 times)

Offline kswx29

• Ultimate Member
  • Dylan
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 2002
  • SD Channel #: 002
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Cox or Dish Network
« on: April 13, 2011, 09:07:34 PM »
Aside from Cox having a weatherstar...which one is better?  We currently have AT&T U-Verse and I'll admit, I really like it.  They have some cool features but their whole-home DVR is really dragging us down.  We have 3HD TVs and everyone likes to record a bunch of shows.  With U-Verse the farther you are away from this box in the neighborhood, the less amount of HD "Streams" you are allowed.  We were being allowed to have 3HD but due to continuous problems that amount has went down to 2HD. While we could just deal with that and watch SD, why pay $10 for HD when we can't even watch it half of the time?  Anywho U-Verse rant aside, the question is Cox Vs. Dish.

We had Dish like 3-5 years ago and it was outstanding.  Service was never interrupted unless there was an extremely severe thunderstorm.  The amount of channels we got was decent.  We really liked it.  We then got Cox and while they had pretty much the same amount of channels, the service would occasionally get interrupted.  However, the main thing we are questioning now is the amount of DVRs you are allowed and how their HD picture quality is. Obviously Cox Topeka has an HD Star and more local channels, Any comments would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks guys!!
Member of TWCC since '05

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: Cox or Dish Network
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 05:06:01 PM »
Cox. Been a user for a month and a half now. I gotta say, their service is excellent. Plus their HD selection is outstanding, and it comes in free (unlike Dish >_>).
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.