April 20, 2024, 12:36:08 PM

Author Topic: TWC Being Bought By Comedian and Mogul Byron Allen  (Read 12648 times)

Offline RSully94

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: TWC Being Bought By Comedian and Mogul Byron Allen
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2023, 03:40:29 PM »
I feel like this ended up being the best thing for the channel in retrospect. It's not any better, but it's not any worse. We haven't had any major layoffs since Kim and Vivian 8 years ago. The biggest departures since then were because of either outside circumstances (Dave Schwartz passing away) or because of voluntary departures (Dr. Greg Forbes retiring). Kelly Cass was also able to get her full time position back and is still in a full time position 7 years later.

Mike Bettes and Stephanie Abrams will be hitting 20 years on the channel this year, and Jen Carfagno is also in the 20+ club and going strong. Chris Warren is also in the double digits and Alex Wilson will be at that channel for a full decade as well. I think even Reynolds Wolff has hit a decade with the network. Jim Cantore recently did an interview on a podcast and he says that he has at least 4 years left in him (he wants to hit 40 years on the network) before he might potentially retire or do other things. Not to mention we still have Carl Parker and Paul Goodloe who are also over 20+ years. and for some reason they have even been able to keep Ray Stagich as a freelancer for 20 years now essentially.

All I'm saying is, the channel seems more stable than it was before.