Present - The Weather Channel 2000 > Everything Else TWC

Jumped the Shark?

(1/2) > >>

tpirfan28:
Someone on another forum that I frequent started a topic about cable channels that have "jumped the shark" (gone past their prime, starting to go away from main purpose, etc.)  One reply stated that "the Weather Channel can't jump because of the nature of the topic presented, just like C-SPAN."

First off, has TWC jumped the shark?  And second, how do you reply to the quote about TWC never being able to jump?

Localonthe8s:
i saw site that mentioned about TWc jumping the shark several times. Let me post the link
http://www.jumptheshark.com/topic/Weather-Channel/Weather-Channel-General-Comments/2139

lfmusiclover:
In my opinion, yes TWC can jump the shark, and it has. You see, when TWC first came about, it was 24 hours hours of nothing but good ol fashioned weather, there was none of this long form hogwash, and the OCM's were allowed to be ugly, because looks didn't matter. Today's TWC is more about glitz and glammer and drama than weather. Ask any long time TWC Fan, and they will surely echo my thoughts.

EDIT: Oh, and need I mention that what weather TWC does still have has been dumbed down so much that a preschooler can interpret it?  :rolleyes:

furball:
Thats pretty much what all news-type stations are about: looks. probably won't ever change.

CookevilleWeatherGuy:

--- Quote from: lfmusiclover on December 07, 2007, 07:01:16 PM ---In my opinion, yes TWC can jump the shark, and it has. You see, when TWC first came about, it was 24 hours hours of nothing but good ol fashioned weather, there was none of this long form hogwash, and the OCM's were allowed to be ugly, because looks didn't matter. Today's TWC is more about glitz and glammer and drama than weather. Ask any long time TWC Fan, and they will surely echo my thoughts.

EDIT: Oh, and need I mention that what weather TWC does still have has been dumbed down so much that a preschooler can interpret it?  :rolleyes:

--- End quote ---

They are walking a fine line of the 'all Global Warming-all the time channel' which, in my opinion, will make them irrelevant...just do the dad-gummed weather and do it BETTER than anyone else...forget the agenda....the eye-candy (with the OCM's) is fine with me....I don't care, nor do I look.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version