April 19, 2024, 05:18:20 PM

Author Topic: General TWC Discussion  (Read 1887256 times)

Offline Donovan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: General TWC Discussion
« Reply #8625 on: March 08, 2013, 05:18:14 PM »
You have got to be kidding me. This is the BEST they can do? I'm sorry for not being so welcoming and what not, but this is just amateur for TWC. I don't even know who would allow a background like that to be used. Seriously, it looks like a Sci-Fi show from the late 20th century. They need to get the old graphics director or designers from the HD launch. I feel that was when the graphics were the best.

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #8626 on: March 09, 2013, 05:10:26 PM »
TWC's Tornado Hunt vehicle to start rolling starting April 28th according to Dr. Forbes.

phw115wvwx

« Reply #8627 on: March 09, 2013, 06:13:29 PM »
TWC's Tornado Hunt vehicle to start rolling starting April 28th according to Dr. Forbes.
I'm really surprised how much the Vortex2 project inspired TWC to keep doing these tornado chases.  That vehicle is quite expensive.  The only thing missing is a small radar antenna like you see on bigger vehicles. :P

Offline IceManNYR

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27030
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
« Reply #8628 on: March 13, 2013, 07:49:10 PM »
TWC is back to using multiple OCMs for Weather Center Live weekdays.
Yesterday they used 3 OCMs 5pm-7pm, 7pm & 10pm.
Today they are using Chris, Crystal, Alex and Danielle for 7pm.

TWC is not using the regular studio 11am through the evening Saturday and the table in the other studio is way to big.

They need a small desk.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 07:35:39 PM by IceManNYR »

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #8629 on: March 22, 2013, 08:52:41 PM »
at least Instrumental Music is used on the Int'l forecasts online.

United Kingdom Weather Forecast

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #8630 on: March 24, 2013, 02:42:24 PM »
I don't know if this means TWC is gaining support of their current direction or getting flamed by viewers with complaints but here's the stats i found on their facebook page.

People Talking About This via TWC's Facebook Page (Daily posts on TWC's Facebook page in thousands)

2/14/13 - 2/20/13 - 43,112
2/21/13 - 2/27/13 - 69,288
2/28/13 - 3/4/13 - 37,905
3/5/13 - 3/12/13 - 28,850
3/13/13 - 3/14/13 - 305,691
3/14/13 - 3/15/13 - 387,356
3/15/13 - 3/16/13 - 417,399
3/16/13 - 3/17/13 - 442,499
3/17/13 - 3/21/13 - 187,872
3/21/13 - 3/24/13 - 179,175
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 07:20:44 PM by gt1racerlHDl »

Offline IceManNYR

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27030
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
« Reply #8631 on: March 24, 2013, 10:04:22 PM »
There was an odd glitch at 10pm. The screen was stuck on a sponsored by graphic then went to the emergency off the air feed then back to the sponsored by graphic before going to Weather Center Live.
The national LDL was not working on the HD and SD feeds for the first segment and is back for 10:10pm.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 10:10:44 PM by IceManNYR »

Offline ap215

• View Profile
« Reply #8632 on: March 26, 2013, 12:27:02 PM »
The Weather Channel's power play: Attempt at domain name grab has competition crying monopoly

http://www.nj.com/weather-guy/index.ssf/2013/03/the_weather_channels_power_pla.html

Offline Jake

• Jake
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • WxScan Ch. #: N/A
  • WxScan ID #: N/A
« Reply #8633 on: March 26, 2013, 01:18:53 PM »
perhaps that has something to do with the "weather.com" being removed from the logo?

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #8634 on: March 27, 2013, 12:28:07 PM »
I don't think my eyes are playing tricks on me, TWC liked a post about a fan hating the vocal music on the 8's

phw115wvwx

« Reply #8635 on: March 27, 2013, 01:25:44 PM »
I don't think my eyes are playing tricks on me, TWC liked a post about a fan hating the vocal music on the 8's

Alex, your posts about the vocal music are starting to become rather repetitive.  I think you need to move on to other points.  TWC has already made up their mind on what they will do, and constantly talking about it won't help matters.

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #8636 on: March 27, 2013, 05:32:27 PM »

Alex, your posts about the vocal music are starting to become rather repetitive.  I think you need to move on to other points.  TWC has already made up their mind on what they will do, and constantly talking about it won't help matters.

Patrick, I'm not the only member that is not watching TWC anymore because of their vocal music, and most of my post haven't been repetitive they have been showing all sorts of reasons their current direction stinks.

if you don't like the way i post I'm sorry but my views are my own and you don't have to agree with them.

now back on topic here's what Grist had to say about Hacking the Planet

Offline Charismatic Applesauce

• Nice and mushy.
  • Ultimate Member
  • A tu lado.
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 30
  • SD WxStar ID #: 21813
  • WxScan Ch. #: 116
« Reply #8637 on: March 27, 2013, 05:40:42 PM »

Patrick, I'm not the only member that is not watching TWC anymore because of their vocal music, and most of my post haven't been repetitive they have been showing all sorts of reasons their current direction stinks.

if you don't like the way i post I'm sorry but my views are my own and you don't have to agree with them.

now back on topic here's what Grist had to say about Hacking the Planet
I'll have to a agree with Patrick. It seems like you're always complaining about TWC and their vocal music. It's been very repetitive, and I think it's time to move on, honestly.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 03:03:53 AM by Charismatic Applesauce »
iWitness   YouTube   Twitter   Facebook
Neither rain or shine will keep a man from making an ass of himself on the news. —Anderson Cooper

phw115wvwx

« Reply #8638 on: March 27, 2013, 05:51:03 PM »
Alright, now I must intervene so that a fight doesn't arise.  Alex, I'm not the only one making this request to you.  I received a few complaints from other members.  You have the right to express your opinions, but you've been doing it quite a lot on the same things.  You have to realize a harsh reality:  TWC has made up its mind on where it wants to go, and none of us can do anything about it.  You have to move on.  It's just that simple.

Now, I'd like all of us to focus on more positive things and realize that constant complaining will not solve anything.  It's why I'm trying to pursue expanding the forum topics here with the other moderators and administrators.  Just because the current version of TWC may be lackluster doesn't mean we can discuss other aspects of the network.  Please listen to this advice, or I'll take more serious actions.

Offline TWCJim

• Fan of LOT8s/Wxscan, NOAA Weather Radio & the EAS
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #8639 on: March 27, 2013, 06:05:35 PM »
Alright, now I must intervene so that a fight doesn't arise.  Alex, I'm not the only one making this request to you.  I received a few complaints from other members.  You have the right to express your opinions, but you've been doing it quite a lot on the same things.  You have to realize a harsh reality:  TWC has made up its mind on where it wants to go, and none of us can do anything about it.  You have to move on.  It's just that simple.

Now, I'd like all of us to focus on more positive things and realize that constant complaining will not solve anything.  It's why I'm trying to pursue expanding the forum topics here with the other moderators and administrators.  Just because the current version of TWC may be lackluster doesn't mean we can discuss other aspects of the network.  Please listen to this advice, or I'll take more serious actions.

I very much agree with Patrick  :yes: 

Simply complaining to TWC about their music and programming directions isn't going to change anything  :no:  We the viewers just need to accept whatever the network heads throw our way now or next, even if it sounds terrible to some. I myself have grown used to the network's changes, even though I watch a little less of the channel now then I used to  :P

TWCJim's STAR Database
TWCJim (main YouTube channel)
EASJim (second YouTube channel for my EAS and NWR videos)