May 15, 2024, 08:03:10 PM

Author Topic: General TWC Discussion  (Read 1902489 times)

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: General TWC Discussion
« Reply #7980 on: April 30, 2012, 09:49:11 PM »
And just wow, this is just the worst night for them to be doing this :no: for those who remember two years ago on this same night... :furious:

Yes guys, as Zach has pointed out and told me, this is the exact two-year anniversary of the horrid FaaF incident, when TWC refused to report about tornadoes in Arkansas that did, unfortunately, cause deaths.  Jim, thankfully, gave his two cents about the situation, but this obviously did not help tonight.  It's very ironic that this incident occured on the same date.

And, we can't use a "general public" excuse here, because TWC is receiving some angry posts on their Facebook page.

I almost forgot that incident and yet here we are again still not learning anything from the past.  :doh: Sometimes I wonder why Jim bothers anymore. It's pretty bad when one of your leading guys calls you out on your BS. I'm sure there are plenty of other local news network that will move heaven and earth to have him work for them. Let's see how they like them apples.  :yes:

Don't worry, I know they wouldn't care if Jim just walked out on them for good tonight. I just like to believe they would be desperate to want to keep that from happening. :P

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline jrhtwc

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 9348
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #7981 on: April 30, 2012, 10:30:11 PM »
And just wow, this is just the worst night for them to be doing this :no: for those who remember two years ago on this same night... :furious:

Yes guys, as Zach has pointed out and told me, this is the exact two-year anniversary of the horrid FaaF incident, when TWC refused to report about tornadoes in Arkansas that did, unfortunately, cause deaths.  Jim, thankfully, gave his two cents about the situation, but this obviously did not help tonight.  It's very ironic that this incident occured on the same date.

And, we can't use a "general public" excuse here, because TWC is receiving some angry posts on their Facebook page.

I almost forgot that incident and yet here we are again still not learning anything from the past.  :doh: Sometimes I wonder why Jim bothers anymore. It's pretty bad when one of your leading guys calls you out on your BS. I'm sure there are plenty of other local news network that will move heaven and earth to have him work for them. Let's see how they like them apples.  :yes:

Don't worry, I know they wouldn't care if Jim just walked out on them for good tonight. I just like to believe they would be desperate to want to keep that from happening. :P
If Jim were to walk out because of this.......I bet it would make headlines and turn heads. Jim has alot of fans. The other OCM's may put their 2 cents in as well.

It's time for TWC to lose NBC, AL, Ice Pilots, All the other long form and dont even start Iron Men!!!  TWC Is turning 30 on wednesday and they are better than this!!  I hope someone high profile was in strike zone tonight, (Safe Of Cource) goes public and ask Where was TWC??????????

Offline TampaMillTWC88

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
« Reply #7982 on: April 30, 2012, 10:45:10 PM »
TWC is very inconsistent in their severe weather coverage. They have not prempted on severe weather or tornadoes other times too. See my post from the Kentucky tornadoes from last June.

https://twctodayforums.com/forums/programming/another-flick-and-a-forecast-situation-is-happening/
Hakeem: What's up, Jetsons!
Frank Mitchell: Jetsons?
Hakeem: Yeah, you and George got the same haircut.

- From "Moesha"

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #7983 on: May 01, 2012, 01:12:07 AM »
Well guys, I am just going to end with this before we try to put tonight's horrible situation to rest:

April 30th must be an infamous day in the life of TWC.  To my knowledge, there were tornado watches, there were 15 (maybe more at this point) tornado warnings, there were even tornadoes on the ground, and TWC did not bother to give any special coverage.  Maybe it was because the tornadoes were only in rural areas?  IMO, that shouldn't stop them from providing coverage.  Heck, TWC should really provide good coverage for severe t-storms (why limit it only to tornadoes?), but that's beisde the point.  But, alright, maybe they couldn't pre-empt because they didn't have enough OCMs available, or the right equipment, or whatever.  I don't know.  What really surprises me is that weather.com, their #1 go-to source for information, was also severely lacking.  No red banner.  The tornadoes weren't even the top story.  I don't CARE about April's best weather images, when other important weather is currently in progress.  At least there were no stories on the Top 5 about a "Nice Northeast" or "Cool Northeast," or I would really have been irate. (No offense to anyone living in that reigion).

Is TWC "mad" at Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas?  I don't think so, because they did a good job covering the DFW tornadoes, the Norman tornado, and the outbreak a couple of weeks ago.  Those were in heavily-populated areas.  TWC is definitely biased in their coverage, I guess, but it's never consistent!

And I am very tired of hearing the over-used statements: "If you don't like it, then turn it off" and "I'm sure the general public didn't care."  Both of the statements don't apply here.  Trust me, I turned TWC off the minute I saw they weren't providing any coverage, or any worthwhile coverage.  And the general public does care, because TWC's Facebook page had some comments from viewers complaining about the lack of weather coverage.  Granted, it wasn't swarming with posts every two seconds, but it still had quite a few.

Alright, I'm done with my rant.  If you read all the way through it, thank you.  Let's move on...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 01:14:08 AM by WeatherWitness »

Offline IceManNYR

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27030
« Reply #7984 on: May 01, 2012, 01:15:01 AM »
The Episode of "Ice Pilots" they did not bother to pre-empt was from 2008.
So TWC is airing an old series as new programming.

Ryan Goswick is on at 1am subbing in for Paul and Kim who were subbing for Crystal and Chris.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 01:16:53 AM by IceManNYR »

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #7985 on: May 01, 2012, 05:04:14 AM »
That series wasn't out until 2009 though... :unsure:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7986 on: May 01, 2012, 05:44:09 AM »
That series wasn't out until 2009 though... :unsure:

Maybe it began production in 2008 and just didn't start airing until the following year. Plenty of live action shows tape a year or two in advance.

NintenGamers Nation

Offline IceManNYR

• View Profile
« Reply #7987 on: May 01, 2012, 10:56:20 AM »
The episode had a © date of 2008 and checking wiki the show started broadcasting in Canada November 18, 2009.
Season 1 of Ice Pilots began airing on the National Geographic Channel in the US on April 22, 2011.
This show is from a Canadian production company and TWC simply bought the rights to broadcast it in the USA after the contract was up for renewal.
So for TWC to call this a new show or the episodes airing from season one new is incorrect.
If seasons 2-3 have not aired in the USA then they are new when they are broadcast.

Offline Adrian

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: CableOne
  • HD Channel #: 1333
  • HD WxStar ID #: Unknown
  • SD Channel #: 333
« Reply #7988 on: May 01, 2012, 06:35:36 PM »
The episode had a © date of 2008 and checking wiki the show started broadcasting in Canada November 18, 2009.
Season 1 of Ice Pilots began airing on the National Geographic Channel in the US on April 22, 2011.
This show is from a Canadian production company and TWC simply bought the rights to broadcast it in the USA after the contract was up for renewal.
So for TWC to call this a new show or the episodes airing from season one new is incorrect.
If seasons 2-3 have not aired in the USA then they are new when they are broadcast.

So National Geographic Channel no longer airs the show because of TWC? If so, that is pathetic because the show belongs on National Geographic Channel not The WEATHER Channel. 

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7989 on: May 01, 2012, 06:44:00 PM »

So National Geographic Channel no longer airs the show because of TWC? If so, that is pathetic because the show belongs on National Geographic Channel not The WEATHER Channel.
No, Nat Geo decided to give up airing the show and TWC took over
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline IceManNYR

• View Profile
« Reply #7990 on: May 01, 2012, 07:52:54 PM »
"Crystal Egger
25 minutes ago
Heading into hour #4 now - continuing coverage on TWC of severe weather (possible tornadoes) in MN, IL, IN, OH, KY & NC! Be safe everyone...it's gonna be a long night!"

They are done with storm coverage at 8pm and not back till 10pm ET. This is getting embarrassing.
If there are tornadoes on the ground they should provide live coverage.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 08:15:55 PM by IceManNYR »

Offline Lightning

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/brian.mearsBMeezy
  • Cable Provider: Charter
« Reply #7991 on: May 01, 2012, 08:54:06 PM »
Tomorrow is TWC's 30th anniversary!  :dance: :happy:
My Classic Weather Channel On YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOSyVIYMf6BcmbZjtYLUYBg

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7992 on: May 01, 2012, 09:04:37 PM »
"Crystal Egger
25 minutes ago
Heading into hour #4 now - continuing coverage on TWC of severe weather (possible tornadoes) in MN, IL, IN, OH, KY & NC! Be safe everyone...it's gonna be a long night!"

They are done with storm coverage at 8pm and not back till 10pm ET. This is getting embarrassing.

What "continuing coverage" and hour #4 is she talking about?!?! :blink:  Right now, Turbine Cowboys is on, and I surprisingly saw the tail end of Weather Caught on Camera at 7:58 CT, which is odd because weather.com advertises that WCL was supposed to be on then. :wacko:

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7993 on: May 01, 2012, 09:05:33 PM »
"Crystal Egger
25 minutes ago

What "continuing coverage" and hour #4 is she talking about?!?! :blink:  Right now, Turbine Cowboys is on, and I surprisingly saw the tail end of Weather Caught on Camera at 7:58 CT, which is odd because weather.com advertises that WCL was supposed to be on then. :wacko:
They must have preempted at 5 and 6 PM for storm coverage.. if you're gonna preempt those two hours, then preempt all night for petes sake :rolleyes:

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7994 on: May 01, 2012, 09:17:04 PM »
"Crystal Egger
25 minutes ago

They must have preempted at 5 and 6 PM for storm coverage.. if you're gonna preempt those two hours, then preempt all night for petes sake :rolleyes:

They can't, they have multiple overdue electric bills to pay. Why do you think the lighting is not always that great in the studio sometimes? They count on these shows to get them by.

NintenGamers Nation