March 28, 2024, 08:17:18 AM

Author Topic: General TWC Discussion  (Read 1876835 times)

G2003

Re: General TWC Discussion
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2007, 11:05:30 PM »
I had a tornado hit my brain.

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2007, 11:15:43 PM »
Gil, this is your only warning. These are the types of posts that will be removed. They have nothing to do with the topic, and there really is no reaason for it to even be here.

G2003

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2007, 11:16:33 PM »
Im sorry.

Offline Tech_Guy

• ^ US Routes 22 and 322 near Harrisburg, PA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2007, 11:40:29 PM »
Here is something that might warrant a serious beating...

It would be "different" if TWC showed Saturday night movies about the weather (either directly or indirectly). For example: "Twister," "The Perfect Storm," "Alive," "Waterworld," etc.

I am not saying it would be good or bad... just different. (Actually, with the amount of pre-recorded programs TWC airs already, I am surprised that they have not done this.)
WeatherStar XL v3 :: WeatherStar 4000 Emulator

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2007, 11:44:12 PM »
Here is something that might warrant a serious beating...

It would be "different" if TWC showed Saturday night movies about the weather (either directly or indirectly). For example: "Twister," "The Perfect Storm," "Alive," "Waterworld," etc.

I am not saying it would be good or bad... just different. (Actually, with the amount of pre-recorded programs TWC airs already, I am surprised that they have not done this.)

It would indeed be differenet, but I think it would also be bad. IMO TWC doesn't focus on the weather enough as it is. Taking up another 2 hour block with a movie would jsut be helping to move them away from focusing on weather. IMO, TWC needs to just go back to all weather all the time,like it was in the 80's and 90's and drop all the glitz and glamour.

Offline Stephen

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 1038
  • HD WxStar ID #: 28111
  • SD Channel #: 38
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22694
  • WxScan Ch. #: 324
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2007, 06:52:24 PM »
At 5:47 PM CT, my cable company aired an old Weekend View promo (I can tell because the video quality is not as good and the audio was lower). This promo, included Stephanie Abrams in it. Don't know why their airing it, because Stephanie is no longer on Weekend View. :-\

G2003

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2007, 06:53:17 PM »
Your cable company? wouldnt it be TWC?

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2007, 06:54:22 PM »
I'm with Gil on this one. Wouldn't TWC have been the one who aired the commercial?

Regardless, that was certainly weird.  :huh:

G2003

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2007, 06:55:10 PM »
yes, because cable companies have nothign to do with promos or segments. its all right from the top. The cable companies just deliver it.

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2007, 06:56:33 PM »
yes, because cable companies have nothign to do with promos or segments. its all right from the top. The cable companies just deliver it.
The only commercials aired by the cable companies are the ones from local companies (and you can usually tell these from the rest because they are usually considerably lower quality than other commercials.

Offline Stephen

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 1038
  • HD WxStar ID #: 28111
  • SD Channel #: 38
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22694
  • WxScan Ch. #: 324
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2007, 06:56:53 PM »
I don't know. The quality wasn't as good as if TWC were airing it. A while back, my cable company aired the HeadOn commercial, and I could tell because it wasn't at :27 past or :50 past, and the quality wasn't as good when TWC airs it.

G2003

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2007, 06:57:02 PM »
The only commercials aired by the cable companies are the ones from local companies (and you can usually tell these from the rest because they are usually considerably lower quality than other commercials.
Yup your right.

Offline beanboy89

• Ultimate Member
  • Caulk the wagons and float!
    • View Profile
    • http://billy.mozfaq.org/
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 53
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22608
  • WxScan Ch. #: 101
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2007, 06:59:42 PM »
At 5:47 PM CT, my cable company aired an old Weekend View promo (I can tell because the video quality is not as good and the audio was lower). This promo, included Stephanie Abrams in it. Don't know why their airing it, because Stephanie is no longer on Weekend View. :-\
Well local commercials do air on TWC at :17 and :47 past the hour, so I'd say it was a commercial from the cable company. Not too long ago, my cable company aired an old Storm Stories commercial which still had the old 8:00 PM ET time on it.
My super-awesome website!
[00:45] <SpringRubberMB> I wear a condom everywhere I go!

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2007, 07:00:14 PM »
I don't know. The quality wasn't as good as if TWC were airing it. A while back, my cable company aired the HeadOn commercial, and I could tell because it wasn't at :27 past or :50 past, and the quality wasn't as good when TWC airs it.

The only way the cable co. aired that Head On commercial is ifat the end it said something to the efffect of "available at the following retailers". Otherwise, it was a national commercial, hence aired by TWC.

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2007, 07:00:48 PM »
Well local commercials do air on TWC at :17 and :47 past the hour, so I'd say it was a commercial from the cable company. Not too long ago, my cable company aired an old Storm Stories commercial which still had the old 8:00 PM ET time on it.
I'm telling you, the cable co.'s don't air TWC promos.