March 19, 2024, 06:25:50 AM

Author Topic: Favorite blooper era?  (Read 2015 times)

Offline TWCC_Travis E.

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Favorite blooper era?
« on: February 20, 2013, 09:06:45 AM »
So what time period of classic TWC do you all think of as having the highest frequency of or most interesting technical glitches?

For me, it was 1996–1997. This could be because I watched it a lot more during that time than other years and/or remember it better (especially since I only started video recording in '96—before it was just audio, since I mainly just cared about collecting the music). But it almost seemed at times that one couldn't go a day or two without at least some minor oddity occurring.

I'm starting to realize that many 4000-related glitches I saw during this period were actually not terribly uncommon ever since the 4000's debut, though they seemed particularly frequent here. Additionally, all throughout this period there were various sound/ad-cuing glitches, ETFs that were consistently interrupted a couple of cities in by a commercial break, and LFs that frequently ran well over the time allotted for some reason or another. On my footage, J flavors' TCF failed to finish pre-rendering in time, resulting in the third page being visibly drawn over the previous screen, then scrolling starting back with the second page, with the first never showing. Often the LFs would abruptly abort partway through and restart from the beginning for no apparent reason (usually with an associated music change or restart), causing them to run 2–3 minutes over the next segment. I don't even have a 100% glitch-free J anywhere in my footage.  :lol:

With that kind of excitement it's probably no wonder I ended up recording as much as I did at the time. And even then I kind of regret not recording even more material.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 09:10:01 AM by TWCC_Travis E. »

Offline twcclassics

• Classic TWC Expert
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWC Classics
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: Favorite blooper era?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 10:27:28 AM »
I think 1996-1997 is about right. I seem to remember a lot of STAR issues, as well as broadcasting issues (mainly after they moved).
TWC Classics Webmaster
https://twcclassics.com

Offline ndinminot

• TWC Music Expert (1986 thru 2009)
  • TWC fan from 1991 to 2008
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Midcontinent Comm.
  • HD Channel #: n/a
  • SD Channel #: n/a
  • WxScan Ch. #: n/a
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: Favorite blooper era?
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 04:20:47 PM »
I also recall during this time frame the "J" flavor music would become static at times with the TCF frame switchover
No Place On Earth Has Better Weather