March 28, 2024, 07:55:01 PM

Author Topic: Dan Chandler outside of TWC  (Read 16047 times)

Offline WeatherSTARIII

• TWC fan 1991-2005
  • Legacy STAR fan
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Dan Chandler outside of TWC
« on: October 11, 2011, 06:25:05 PM »
You won't beleve this, but I found Dan Chandler (with his face shown) doing an educational special on trains. He hosts this made-for-video presientation from 1994 called Railroads of North America.
Railroads of North America

I'm not sure whether or not if this was his only non-TWC voice-over spots or not. I think he should come back to TWC!  :happy:
Classic TWC, Weatherscan, legacy WeatherSTARs, and classic Prevue/TV Guide fan.

R.I.P. Weatherscan: 1999-2022

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: Dan Chandler outside of TWC
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 06:43:25 PM »
You won't beleve this, but I found Dan Chandler (with his face shown) doing an educational special on trains. He hosts this made-for-video presientation from 1994 called Railroads of North America.
I'm not sure whether or not if this was his only non-TWC voice-over spots or not. I think he should come back to TWC!  :happy:

I know another voice-over he has done recently, though I'm not sure if I should disclose it.

Offline twcclassics

• Classic TWC Expert
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWC Classics
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 10:18:11 AM »

I know another voice-over he has done recently, though I'm not sure if I should disclose it.

No, you shouldn't. :nono:
TWC Classics Webmaster
https://twcclassics.com

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 07:11:02 PM »

Posts like this are starting to drive me crazy. If you're not sure if you can disclose it or not, don't mention it in the first place. :rolleyes:

Thank you for posting the video! It's neat to see what the narrators "look like" and what jobs they do in addition to TWC. I wonder if Allen Jackson has done any segments like this.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 08:40:49 PM »

Posts like this are starting to drive me crazy. If you're not sure if you can disclose it or not, don't mention it in the first place. :rolleyes:

Thank you for posting the video! It's neat to see what the narrators "look like" and what jobs they do in addition to TWC. I wonder if Allen Jackson has done any segments like this.

why would u want the dan chandler narrations?

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 09:59:26 PM »

why would u want the dan chandler narrations?

Where did he say that?

Anyway cool video. Nice to put a face on the man!

Offline WeatherSTARIII

• TWC fan 1991-2005
  • Legacy STAR fan
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 11:10:26 PM »
Thanks so much. I found that video when I was doing an internet search on Dan Chandler. That video must be rare too. I still think I posted on the wrong tread since I was in a hurry.  :rolleyes:
Classic TWC, Weatherscan, legacy WeatherSTARs, and classic Prevue/TV Guide fan.

R.I.P. Weatherscan: 1999-2022

phw115wvwx

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2011, 11:43:36 PM »
Thanks so much. I found that video when I was doing an internet search on Dan Chandler. That video must be rare too. I still think I posted on the wrong tread since I was in a hurry.  :rolleyes:
It's nice to see the face of the person who has been our narrator on TWC for so long. :yes:  By the way, I moved this thread to the Everything Else Classic TWC board as Dan Chandler was never an OCM.

Offline Lightning

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/brian.mearsBMeezy
  • Cable Provider: Charter
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2011, 05:55:24 PM »

Yeah, please disclose it. Unless it goes against some rule that would get someone into trouble, I would like to see how old he has gotten and if his voice sounds the same now as it did then.
My Classic Weather Channel On YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOSyVIYMf6BcmbZjtYLUYBg

Offline briantroutman

• View Profile
    • briantroutman.com
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2014, 03:07:30 AM »
I've not been active on these forums but was a big TWC fan from when my local cable system got the network in '92 until about 2005 or so when a lot of the classic flavor started draining away. I still love to watch clips from the late '80s through the mid '90s—what I think of as TWC's "golden era".

Anyway, I immediately recognized the voice of the man doing this Chevrolet dealer training video as being none other than Dan Chandler himself. And I wanted to share this with some fellow TWC fans! You get almost 10 minutes of him on camera extolling the virtues of the Isuzu-built LUV compact pickup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF9zUUbazRY

Offline twcclassics

• Classic TWC Expert
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWC Classics
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2014, 03:09:15 PM »
Wow, Dan before working for TWC. Nice find!
TWC Classics Webmaster

Offline briantroutman

• View Profile
    • briantroutman.com
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2014, 08:07:46 PM »
I knew there was one more video Dan did for Chevrolet where at one point he swings a sledgehammer into the sheet metal of an El Camino. I finally found it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP8iblbSQGs

Offline WXChannelfan

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Time Warner
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2014, 09:02:15 PM »

Is Dan based in Atlanta? Back in the day, he probably had to live there. Although since the '90s a lot of voiceover work can be done from anywhere.

Offline twcclassics

• Classic TWC Expert
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWC Classics
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2014, 09:32:00 PM »
Is Dan based in Atlanta? Back in the day, he probably had to live there. Although since the '90s a lot of voiceover work can be done from anywhere.
Yes, I believe so. Maybe not Atlanta proper, but somewhere close to it.
TWC Classics Webmaster

Offline briantroutman

• View Profile
    • briantroutman.com
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2014, 02:44:53 AM »

Yes, I believe so. Maybe not Atlanta proper, but somewhere close to it.

It appears that he has been in Florida or Georgia for much of his professional life. I don't know why I didn't think to look before, but he does have an IMDb profile.

Under "View Résumé" it indicates that he was a student of the University of Miami when he got his first acting roles in the '60s TV series "The Everglades" which was filmed in South Florida.  He then got the recurring role of Warden Dennis in the classic TV series "Flipper"—also shot in the Miami area. Linked to his IMDb profile is this episode of "Flipper"; if you jump to 16:00, you can see Dan Chandler circa 1964. I'm sure there are lots more clips that can be dug up.

If you look at the movies and TV shows in which Dan appeared, they were nearly all filmed in Florida up through about 1980, and those after were filmed either in Atlanta or fairly close by in the South.

Beyond the Atlanta-based work for TWC, his agent is listed as being in Atlanta, and his résumé also lists theatre work in 1999, 2008, and 2011—all in Atlanta.