March 28, 2024, 05:23:17 PM

Author Topic: Weather Reporting without Ratings Concerns  (Read 2773 times)

Offline SJBY

• View Profile
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Weather Reporting without Ratings Concerns
« on: April 16, 2022, 08:24:28 AM »
Why is the Weather Channel misleading the public about electric cars and solar panels.  Electric Cars and Solar Panels require more fossil fuel to manufacture than the save.  Solar Panels are an environmental hazard when they are disposed of  in a land fill than you are telling the public.  I believe the Weather Channel is more concerned with ratings than they are with unbiased reporting.   I have lost all the respect I formerly had in the Weather Channel, as have many Americans, especially with dropping the ball on Hurricane Nicholas.

Offline paden1

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 815
  • SD Channel #: 51
  • WxScan Ch. #: 101
Re: Weather Reporting without Ratings Concerns
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2022, 07:19:53 PM »
Same here, by the time they dropped Weatherscan, I immediately stopped watching them. For a channel that's about Weather, they sure don't live up to that name nowadays.

Offline Coastiestevie

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: XL
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2022, 04:20:05 AM »
The founder of the weather channel, before he died, was very much against TWC turning into this type of company. As soon as he left the company and then died, the new management completely changed the narrative once he wasn't in the way. They actually spoke out against him while he was still alive. There's actually a video of TWC founder calling out a news anchor for pushing those ideologies here: https://www.cnn.com/videos/bestoftv/2014/11/01/global-warming-storm-at-weather-channel.cnn
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 04:28:41 AM by Coastiestevie »

Offline luesjo12

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Purveyor of Stars
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Time Warner
  • HD Channel #: 211
  • HD WxStar ID #: 35644
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2022, 01:39:30 PM »
Regarding climate topics on TWC, one cannot forget Heidi Cullen's run on TWC. They had tried incorporating climate issues into their programming pretty early but it did not catch on. Climate change being one of the more talked about issues nowadays, it should come as no surprise that TWC is taking on these topics.

Many things have changed since John Coleman and Frank Batten founded TWC 40 years ago. As much as I (and I am sure many others here agree) do not like or agree with the current strategy, the mere fact that they are still alive and made it to 40 years old just shows that what they are doing now is working pretty well for them.

Offline TWCC_DJK5555

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 36
  • SD WxStar ID #: 21805
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2022, 09:15:07 PM »
Why is the Weather Channel misleading the public about electric cars and solar panels.  Electric Cars and Solar Panels require more fossil fuel to manufacture than the save.  Solar Panels are an environmental hazard when they are disposed of  in a land fill than you are telling the public.  I believe the Weather Channel is more concerned with ratings than they are with unbiased reporting.   I have lost all the respect I formerly had in the Weather Channel, as have many Americans, especially with dropping the ball on Hurricane Nicholas.

Nearly 2 tons of earth has to be moved in order to mine enough minerals to manufacture ONE battery for an electric vehicle.

Why is it that oil is only a bad thing when we pump it?  Russia, Iran, and the rest of OPEC can pump all they want, and nobody cares.   :thinking:

Coal is a four-letter-word in this country, but China can't burn enough of the stuff.  Again, not a peep.

Makes you wonder.
Men of war make peace

Men of peace make war

Offline TWCC_DJK5555

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2022, 08:01:20 PM »
Why is it that oil is only a bad thing when we pump it?  Russia, Iran, and the rest of OPEC can pump all they want, and nobody cares.   :thinking:

Now we are going to start buying oil from Venezuela.  I guess Venezuelan oil doesn't cause ''climate change'' the way domestically produced oil does.  :dunno:

Watch interior secretary Deb Halland respond to this query...   :rofl2:

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1527382148634017792?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1527382148634017792%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fredstate.com%2Fnick-arama%2F2022%2F05%2F19%2Fmanchin-exposes-insane-biden-plan-on-oil-leases-during-haaland-testimony-n56719
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 08:26:16 PM by TWCC_DJK5555 »
Men of war make peace

Men of peace make war

Offline TWCC_DJK5555

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2022, 07:59:46 PM »
This was brought to my attention this afternoon.  I don't know how accurate this is, but if it is then I was wrong up above, and I deeply apologize for that.  My ''2 ton'' statement WASN'T EVEN CLOSE.

Is it ethical to purchase a lithium battery powered EV?

Don't get me wrong, if you want to drive an electric car... that's cool.  But if you think you're saving the planet by doing so, you've only heard part of the story.
Men of war make peace

Men of peace make war