March 28, 2024, 01:58:16 PM

Author Topic: Folding@Home  (Read 2134 times)

Offline Squizz

• Lé Gasp! Lé Squizz!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
  • SD Channel #: 362
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Folding@Home
« on: October 18, 2008, 11:40:24 AM »
I have not been on TWC Today for about a week lately. That is because I have been working on this project. It's called Folding@Home. If you haven't heard about F@H, it's about using your computer to help Stanford University fold proteins. I bet you're wondering why they just don't use supercomputers. Well, it's because it is a lot of money and supercomputers have just as much processing power as PC's. You can download and get more information at F@H at folding.stanford.edu. You can use F@H on Windows, Macs, Linux or even on a PS3! When you download it on Windows and F@H is running, you will see a gear in your task bar next to the time. To see what F@H is doing, left-click on the gear. But before F@H can work, you need a name and a team. Guess what? I made a team for TWC Today! Right-Click on the gear and click configure. Type in your username on TWC Today, if it is a name like Alejandro or Tyler maybe add a couple numbers to it or maybe choose a different name altogether. For the team, type in 151541, that's TWC Today's team number. To check how much everybody on our team folded. Right-click on the gear, click configure and click "Team Statistics". Do the same thing to see how much you folded but instead of clicking on "Team Statistics", click on "User Statistics". Good luck and happy folding!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 11:53:32 AM by Squizz »

Offline Squizz

• Lé Gasp! Lé Squizz!
    • View Profile
Re: Folding@Home
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 11:53:55 AM »
Link was fixed.

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 12:04:29 PM »
I put my username and team # in and clicked OK, but my name doesn't appear on the team statistics page.

Offline Squizz

• Lé Gasp! Lé Squizz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 12:08:19 PM »
It takes a while.