March 28, 2024, 07:12:06 PM

Author Topic: Local forecasts every 4 minutes  (Read 10788 times)

Offline TWCC_Travis E.

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: Local forecasts every 4 minutes
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2013, 08:35:47 PM »
Aww, kitty <3

I'm definitely seeing back then how the focus was on variety, with each channel being unique. Too bad I didn't know then to enjoy it while it lasted. :-( And focus on ratings is pretty annoying. It's hard to imagine most people actually watch the only crap TV networks show nowadays. (And they want us to pay ever-increasing prices anyway?!)

I haven't purposely checked TWC out in a long time (why bother? it's not like it's going to miraculously change back to the “good ol' days”), so I have no idea whether they even show full LF segments with music anymore (and don't care either, since I've long given up on them, which is sad). I have gotten some glimpses of the “L-shaped” LFs or whatever they're called, where the LF actually happens during the programming. It's pretty sad that it's come to the point where these things don't surprise or freak me out at all since it's just the order of the day now. Also, I'd never use it for weather anyway since it's always some show or commercial when I tune in, not weather info. I just jump on a website or local station or something instead.

Offline twcclassics

• Classic TWC Expert
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWC Classics
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2013, 10:06:50 PM »
Kinda like... music videos? I think someone slipped TWC the MTV marketing plan.

Makes me think of this...

Why Doesn't MTV Play Music Videos Anymore?

Ouch! :lol:
TWC Classics Webmaster
https://twcclassics.com

Offline Ice Man

• Lord of Winter
  • Embrace the chill of the longest night
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • SD WxStar ID #: 21691
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2013, 10:13:57 PM »
Heh, well who knows... if Apple's attempt at bringing back internet-integrated TV (gawd I hope they don't call it the iTV), maybe we'll see a bit of a television renaissance. MTV with music videos playing and click-able links to automatically buy the song from iTunes? For LF's the same thing could apply. The sponsor flashes in the corner as a hyperlink.'

Just a thought. As for blaming the death of MTV on piracy... the Avengers is apparently the most heavily pirated film ever. Pretty sure it was leaked even before the theatrical release. And it grossed... how much?  B)